Well, the doctor visits are in, and the result is the need for a PET scan on Sept. 16 to give us some metrics and determine if the cancer we just found has metastasized. Then we can decide on treatment path.
Here’s what we know up to now:
- The esophageal cancer (EC) has returned or was always lurking there after my chemo-radiation.
- So I now know, even though I sought the Lord for a supernatural touch of healing, He chose not to give that to me. I’m okay with that since my responsibility is to obey and His is to govern.
- My miracle thus far was how I came through the 24 radiation treatments without any side-effects!
- The cancer is called ‘poorly differentiated,’ which means it has mutated quite far afield from the original healthy cells. This could have happened through radiation. This makes it more dangerous.
- The natural treatments we’ve taken to-date have created a very healthy body for me. My blood tests and pressure over the past 22 months have been top-notch. I have no other health issues, except the lurking cancer which is causing me no ill effect at this time.
- But the natural treatments have not totally stopped the cancer. There has been a slight growth of the mass in the esophagus and of course, the presence of cancer.
- The treatments may have kept the cancer from spreading, but I’ll know that for certain through the PET scan.
With this reality staring us in the face, I am on the cusp of another major decision: If the cancer has not metastasized,
(1) I am still a candidate for surgery which has a 50% chance of being curative.
(2) Or I can continue to treat this with additional natural treatments in a palliative way.
This total blog post is long, so I’m breaking it up into two parts. Tomorrow I’ll send the second half — the nitty gritty of the two paths we face, and it’s not a pretty sight.
Would you like to weigh in on the decision? What would you do if this were you and why? Leave your answer in the comment box below.